The Ndlambe Local Municipality Careers is inviting unemployed graduates residing within its jurisdiction to apply for the Finance, TWO-year graduate internship programmes.1 x Accountant Intern (2 Year Fixed Contract) Stipend – R4 833.33 per month for year one and R8 333.33 per month for year two subject to assessment.
The Ndlambe Local Municipality has secured funding from National Treasury (Finance Management Grant) to embark on a project that is aimed at ensuring the successful implementation of Budget and Accounting reforms within the jurisdiction of Ndlambe local Municipality.
The programme will facilitate on the job technical skills of interns.
As part of the project, Intern will undergo intensive training in Municipal Accounting and Financial Management.
The Accounting and Financial areas include inter alia:
- Revenue Collection and Debtors Administration
- Procurement and Payment of Creditors
- Cash Flow and Investment Management
- Risk Management and Short Term Insurance
- Bank Reconciliation and Financial Statements
- Budgeting and in year reporting
- The candidate must be unemployed
- The candidate must not exceed the age of 35
- Belong to the previously disadvantaged group or background
- Must have an appropriate 3 years Degree or 3 years National Diploma in Accounting, Risk Management, Internal Auditing or Financial Management with Accounting II as a subject and Accounting III will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate with extensive knowledge of MS Office, Software Packages (MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to speak at least two languages spoken within the Council’s area of jurisdiction,
- Must be willing to undergo a performance assessment during the internship programme.
- Applicants must come from the local area of jurisdiction (Ndlambe Area).
Please note that no late, emailed or faxed applications will be considered. A prospective candidate must declare any previous information that might compromise Ndlambe Municipality/candidate.
CLICK HERE TO: Ndlambe Municipality Application For Employment