Gauteng Department of Health Student Nurse Training Intake for 2018
Applicants are invited to apply to study towards the Diploma in Nursing (Psychiatric, Community and Midwifery) in 2018 at one of these Gauteng Nursing Colleges:
- Ann Latsky Nursing College
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College
- SG Lourens Nursing College
It the Department’s intention to promote representivity in the Public Service through the appointment of student nurses for the 4 year diploma in Nursing leading to registration as a Nurse (General, Community, Psychiatry) and Midwife (Gov R425).
After completion of the four year basic nursing course, an opportunity exists for qualified nurses to further their education in various specialty areas in nursing e.g. nursing education, nursing management, critical care nursing, trauma and emergency nursing, operating theatre nursing, primary health care, orthopaedic nursing, child nursing etc.
To successfully apply and be considered for the training, please take note of the following:
- You must be in possession of one of the following school leaving certificates – a Senior Certificate, a National Senior Certificate, currently in Grade 12 or National Vocational Certificate
- Applicants are required to scan and attach matric certificate/statement of Grade 12 results or final Grade 11 report if your’re currently doing matric.
The following subject criteria are required:
- Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C and an M score of 15
- National Senior Certificate: English Level 4, Life Sciences Level 4 and an APS of 25 (Life orientation counts half the score)
- National Vocational Certificate: 50% in Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language, Maths/Maths Literacy, Life Orientation) and 60% in the Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System, Public Health, The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care)
- Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 final results.
Successful applicants will be required:
- To sign an agreement with the Department of Health
- To attend lectures
- To be prepared to work shifts, public holidays weekends and nights in the Gauteng Department of Health hospitals and clinics.
- Pre-Shortlisted Candidates will be required to submit copies of grade 12/ Matric certificate/statement or Grade 11 report (results) as well as ID copies at the nursing college of their choice.
- Ensure that you qualify and meet the minimum requirements before you apply
- If you do not receive feedback within 3 months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Gauteng Department of Health will offer financial assistance to successful students in the form of a bursary on an annual basis until completion of the programme.
How to applyApplications must be done on the Gauteng Professional Job Centre system before or on the date 16 May 2017; NO late applications will not be accepted.
No hand delivered or emailed applications will be accepted, all applications must be done on this website.