The Department of Tourism Careers offers Internship opportunities to South African graduates who wish to apply in the fields that are in line with the departmental core business listed below. The internship programme is offered for a period of 12 months.
Interns will receive a stipend of R7 109.25 per month.
Applications are invited from candidates in the following disciplines/fields of study:
- NDT-INTERN(001) – Tourism Management/Development
- NDT-INTERN(002) – Economics
- NDT-INTERN(003) – Information Technology (focus on Programming or Web Development)
- NDT INTERN(004) – LLB
- NDT INTERN(005) – Project Management
- NDT INTERN(006) – Environmental Management
- NDT INTERN(007) – Internal Audit/Risk Management
- NDT INTERN(008) – Public Management/Administration
- NDT INTERN(009) – Financial Management/Accounting
- NDT INTERN(0010) – Enterprise Development
- NDT INTERN(0011) – The internship programme is offered for a period of 12 months.uman Resources Management/Development
- NDT INTERN(0012) – Operational Management/Work Study
- NDT INTERN(0013) – Facilities/Property Management
- NDT INTERN(0014) -Communications and Events Management
- NDT INTERN(0015) – International Trade Law
- NDT INTERN(0016) – International Relations
- Unemployed South African Graduates/Postgraduates, with a tertiary qualification in one of the above-mentioned fields of study and who have not been previously employed under any internship programme are invited to apply.
- Applicants should not be above the age of 35 years.
- The successful candidates will be required to sign an internship contract for the duration of one year.
Note: Short-listed candidates will be subjected to an interview to determine their suitability.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
If you have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
How to apply
Closing date is 19 May 2017
Submit your certified and latest documents quoting the reference number as stated above
Applications must be submitted on a Z83 Form (download here), obtainable from any Public Service Department, stating the field for which the Intern is applying (from the above list), and attach a CV, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts (record) and an Identity Document.
Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered.
Applications must be delivered to the Director-General, Tourism House, 17 Trevena Street, Sunnyside 0002 or posted to Private Bag X424, Pretoria 0001. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered.
Enquiries: Mr Gregory Moroke, tel. (012) 444-6166, Ms Patricia Khoza, tel. (012) 444-6190, Mr Lucky Shiviti, tel. (012) 444-6172 OR Ms Koketso Malemela, tel. (012) 444-6191
Via – Tourism Department