Gilbarco AFS is running a SETA supported Work Integrated Learning Program with an aim to assist recent technical/engineering graduates acquire work experience in the field of their study.
The program incorporates work experience supported with coaching, mentorship and further technical training on in-house programs and products.
It is opened to individuals who have NOT been previously employed under any graduate program or learnership
DURATION: The program will run for a period of 12 months.
Learners will expected to:
- Comply with all workplace policies and procedures, including time and attendance
- Comply with all Health and Safety procedures and practices
- Undertake all learning related to the training program conscientiously, including learning that may take place outside of the company’s premises
- Attend all theoretical training and practical learning activities as directed by Training Officer
- Diligently participate in the mentorship programs as offered by the business
- Complete and timely submit all required reports; projects and other documents related to the program
- Participate in any assessment activities on an ongoing basis as well as complete the final assessment for the programme.
- Grade 12
- Recently graduated with a tertiary qualification from a TVET/FET College; A University of Technology or a registered Private Technical College
- Successfully completed Electrical Engineering (Light current)/Auto-electrician/Instrumentation
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills
- Good time management
- Well-developed research skills
- A learners’ licence a basic requirement and a valid drivers’ licence would be advantageous
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and to work independently.
How to apply
Closing date is 24 April 2017
Please send your CV and a cover letter, quoting the reference: WIL 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Via – AFS Group