Engen Petroleum, a South African oil and gas company, is offering a great opportunity for candidates to train as Apprentices and qualify as Artisans in the trades of Fitting, Electrical or Instrumentation. Candidates should have an aptitude for the relevant trade and show a keen interest in developing skills. If you are a team player with the relevant Trade related knowledge and good written & verbal communication skills then you are an ideal candidate.
This is opportunity based at Engen’s Durban Refinery in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Acquire knowledge and skills of Artisan in your designated trade
- Acquire Trade Test Certificate in the trade for which training received.
- Take advantage of Training opportunities offered to learn a trade.
- Health Safety & Environment awareness
- Process Plant & Equipment Maintenance
- Performs plant and equipment maintenance, shutdown and turnaround activities
- Routine Maintenance of Refinery Equipment
- Breakdown repairs to Refinery equipment
- Matric with pure Maths and Science
- Code 8 Driver’s Licence will be an added advantage
- An N2 in Fitting, Electrical or Instrumentation would be an added advantage
- An interest in maintenance activities in the relevant trade
- Basic understanding of refinery process and the importance of maintenance
- Willingness to learn
- Working safely in a hazardous environment.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting
How to apply
Applications close on 24 February 2017.
Click here to apply online