Sappi is looking for a suitably qualified Laboratory Assistant to take samples throughout the Mill hourly. This position is based in Nelspruit.
Whether you’re mild or wild at heart, you could have what it takes to work in forestry. Sappi is a producer of coated woodfree paper which is used in publications such as annual reports, catalogues, brochures and magazines.
- Matric with Maths and Physical Science/ N3 Pulp and Paper
- Chemistry/ Lab related qualification will be advantageous
- Laboratory/Pulp and Paper industry experience will be an advantage
- Takes samples accurately on an hourly basis at various points in the various plants
- Prepare in-process and final pulp samples for analytical testing
- Liaise with production personnel with regards to safety problems in the plant.
- Operates Laboratory instrumentation
- Evaluate the quality of results obtained before reporting results
- Comply with all ISO methods for the tests performed.
- Analyses the final product to declare production in terms of oven dry tons (Unbleached Uptake reels).
- Analyse and report special samples requested by the plant.
- Enter results accurately into the computer using the Laboratory Information System software program.
- Accountable for the correct use of PPE, housekeeping and general safety applicable to sampling and tests performed
- Identification; communication and mitigation of risks
- Problem solving
How to apply
Applications close on 25 November 2016. Click here to apply online