The Western Cape Investment and Trade and Promotion Agency (Wesgro) invites applications for a six-month internship programme. The purpose of the internship is to promote and energetically support and administer the initiative to drive Tourism, Trade and Investment Promotion for Economic Development in the Western Cape which will benefit local economic development. Interns will be paid a stipend of R3 000.00 per month.
Reference Number: WES/INT/CS/
Wesgro is the official Investment and Trade promotion agency for the Western Cape.
- The applicants must be in possession of an appropriate diploma/degree.
- Applicants must demonstrate sound knowledge of business management, public relations and or administration skills.
- In addition applicants must possess strong writing skills and communication skills, have the ability to multi-task and be able to communicate and interact with diverse people.
- You will be expected to take initiative and be innovative /creative in assisting within the various units.
Must have a strong mix of the following skills and capabilities:
- Effective problem solving skills
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Motivation and negotiation skills
- Analytical ability
- Work well within a team and independently
- Ability to perform accurately and consistently under pressure
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook or similar programmes
- Show strong Service and Client orientation
- Good time management skills
- Results orientated person
- Integrity and honesty
- Driver’s license is essential
What you will gain:
Working experience in a dynamic, professional and challenging environment, opportunity to network and build relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders, work in a team and independently, gain knowledge of the Western Cape and Cape Town, exposure to work with both the private and public sector and contribute towards the economic growth and creating employment.
How to apply
Closing date is 12 March 2017
Forward your application accompanied by a detailed CV to: The Human Resource Department, PO Box 1678, Cape Town, 8000; Preferably email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct all enquiries to Jaqueline Harry: Manager Human Resources, on 021 487 8600
Should you not have received any response from us within 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Via – Wesgro