Allan Gray, one of the top privately owned investment management companies is offering an internship programme to those that meet the specified requirement. The Allan Gray internship offers you a chance to get real business experience with a top asset manager. The internship will run over a three-week period from Monday 26 June to Friday 14 July 2017.
Successful applicants will get a chance to:
- Do real work. No fetching coffee or running errands. We treat our interns like employees during the programme.
- Meet leaders within the company and, in some cases, report to them on business processes.
- Experience the Allan Gray culture and get a taste of the corporate environment.
Depending on your skills and qualifications, you may be placed in any of the following business areas:
- Product Development: Work on a project in our retail business, dealing with products like units trusts and tax-free investments.
- Retail Client Services: Ensure clients and advisers receive excellent service through their investment experience.
- Retail Operations: Process and authorise transactions from clients.
- IT: Support, maintain and enhance IT applications and environments in the business.
- Institutional Client Services: Service institutional investors like retirement funds.
- People Operations: Work in human resources (people operations), where you will deal with projects concerning our employees.
- Distribution: Work in the team that handles the distribution of Allan Gray funds to other investment platforms, such as Sanlam Glacier.
- We are looking for students who are completing a Bachelor’s Degree and have a cumulative GPA of 65% and above.
- Specialisations may include, but are not limited to: Commerce, Business Science, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Industrial Psychology , Human Resources, Mathematics or Statistics.
Skills/competencies and experience:
- Proven leadership potential and problem solving abilities.
- Preference will be given to final-year students, with some consideration to penultimate-year students as well.
How to apply
Deadline for applications is 31 March 2017. Click here to apply online