As market leader in its field, Paarl Media (Novus) focuses on the implementation of cutting edge technology and strong skills development offering a full range of career opportunities for the right people. The Novus Academy of Print offers successful applicants an opportunity to earn an income whilst working towards an internationally certified trade qualification. This programme will be based in Montague Gardens.
The programme has been approved by the fibre processing & manufacturing sector education and training authority (FP&M SETA). In November 2015, the Novus Academy was recognised at the FP&M SETA Skills Development Recognition Awards 2014/2015 for best practice workplace provider in the Apprenticeships category.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- The shortlisted applicants will perform General Assistant duties during the 1 month period
- The successful applicants will thereafter be contracted as Apprentices through FP&M SETA
- The apprentices will enter into a fixed term training contract with Paarl Media Gauteng and the SETA for the duration of training
- Phase 1: Complete approximately 6 months theoretical training at the Novus Academy, Western Cape
- Phase2: Complete approximately 26-30 months at Paarl Media Gauteng for the core experiential component of the training
- An income will be earned throughout the program
- Matric/ Grade 12 with Mathematics or an equivalent N qualification (Certificate must be attached –or else application will not be considered)
- Previous shift work experience advantageous
Skills & Competencies
- Good communication skills in English
- Willingness to work shifts
- An eye for detail – especially exceptional colour perception
- A technical foundation would be of great benefit to the successful incumbent
How to apply
Applications close on 10 February 2017.
Click here to apply online